Doctors prefer normal delivery as long as there is no risk to the baby and the mother. The baby should be neither too big nor too small. The mother should have good muscle tone so as to be able to push properly and she should not have any medical complications unique to pregnancy like pregnancy blood pressure and pregnancy diabetes. In order to achieve that, read the following Painless Normal Delivery Tips.
Pregnancy Diet Tips for Painless Normal Delivery
One must eat for two while pregnant – This is a common cultural belief in India, along with the fact that ghee & dry fruits are considered as essential part of the diet in pregnancy.
Nothing could be further from the truth. While it is accepted that the intake should be more in pregnancy, one needs only 20 percent more calories in pregnancy.
- Calorie – Overloading with high calorie food like dry fruits and ghee will make one obese and prone for diabetes in pregnancy and a larger baby.
- Salt intake – The tendency to snack on salty food makes one prone to develop blood pressure early. Salt does not create the problem of blood pressure; however, an excess consumption will make the problem be present early. Hence one should eat in moderation.
- Carbohydrates – Consume more protein than the carbohydrates. Add more sprouts and less sugar in the diet.
- Calcium – An increased intake of calcium has shown to decrease the incidence of pregnancy blood pressure. Hence milk or yogurt should be an essential part of the pregnancy diet. One must be careful not to add sugar/jaggery/honey to it as this increases the calories unnecessarily while providing no extra benefit.
- Sweets – If one has a sweet tooth, then having a fruit is much better than the ice cream or any other desserts. Fresh fruits and vegetables add necessary vitamins and antioxidants for proper growth of the baby.
- Protein & Iron – Proper protein intake will supply good proteins to the baby and will make sure the baby growth is normal along with healthy uterus, as it is a muscular organ. Muscles are mainly protein. A protein and iron deficient diet will make the uterine muscles weak and they will not contract properly. Improper uterine contractions often lead to a Cesarean. Hence protein and iron intake is considered very important in preparing a mother for painless normal delivery.
Regular Exercises for Normal Delivery
Before Pregnancy – Ideally, everyone should be exercising each day. But with sedentary lifestyle, abdominal muscles lose tone and gets lax. This makes deliveries difficult because of weak contraction of the muscles. Hence it is very important to do focused abdominal and core muscle strengthening exercises before pregnancy.
Avoid Backache – Strong abdominal muscles help the baby maintain a head down position leading to a normal delivery. Also, if the abdominal muscles are strong the incidence of backache during and after pregnancy is also very less. To push the baby out along with the abdominal muscles, one need a good pelvic muscle tone. Pelvic muscle exercises can be safely done during pregnancy.
It is imperative that one learns the proper exercises under the guidance of gynaecologist in maternity clinic or a trained physiotherapist and we must be careful not to rely too much on internet information.
Painless Normal Delivery Tips
Recent Advancements – Many women opt for a cesarean just because they are afraid of the pain. This is mainly because women are often influenced by stories from their friends & movies and they relate labour process to be an extremely painful. However, with advancements in science & technology, delivery has become a relatively painless affair. Use of an epidural analgesia during the labour pains can make the delivery process a pleasant affair.
You can get in touch with Ova Fertility & Women Care – one of the best maternity clinic in Thane, to know more about painless normal delivery.
Emotional Support – Anxiety and fear are two enemies which interfere with the pregnancy outcome. A supportive family and especially a supportive partner goes a long way in helping a woman to become a happy mother. Presence of a loved one during labour reduces the anxiety & fear and one can expect a better outcome.
Regular Doctor Visit During Pregnancy
- Medical complications during pregnancy are the leading cause for moving to cesarean sections, but some of these are preventable. For instance, a sonography at 12 to 14 weeks (after 3 months) can predict the risk of developing pregnancy blood pressure and growth problems in a baby. If this is known at right time, gynaecologist can prescribe proper medications like high calcium and low dose aspirin, etc. to prevent it.
- Regular doctor visit means preventive care and diagnosis of pregnancy complications early. This give doctors a suitable time to plan for a normal delivery. If patients come late to meet the gynaecologist, doctor has no choice but to ask for a cesarean.
Hence you should always visit the pregnancy care clinic regularly, undergo the necessary tests and take the medicines as advised by the doctors.
No Fear of Cesarean Delivery
While the above advice does not guarantee a normal delivery, it would certainly increase the chances. Also note, if there is a slightest doubt about risk to the baby, doctors would advise a cesarean, which is almost as safe as normal delivery due to recent surgical advances. So one should not be fearful of cesarean, but at the same time a lady can prepare the body for normal delivery.
For any further advice and information, one of the best maternity clinic in Thane is reachable on 70358 01111.