Surrogacy is an advanced fertility treatment where the pregnancy is formed in IVF laboratory from eggs and sperms of couple (Intended Parents) and resulting embryo is implanted in third person (Surrogate Mother) who will carry it for 9 months in her womb.
Following Are the Reasons for Which Surrogacy Treatment is Carried Out:
- Not having womb from birth (Congenital issue)
- Womb has been removed (Hysterectomy) for some reason
- Non correctable abnormalities in the womb (Scarring / thin lining)
- Significant medical problem in female where in carrying pregnancy is life threatening (Heart problems, Kidney problems, Severe Hypertension etc)
- Repeated IVF failures or repeated miscarriages
Steps Involved in the Surrogacy Treatment:
Step 2: Counseling and assessment of egg reserve and semen parameters
Step 3: Decision of treatment process
- Self-Egg + Husband Sperm – Embryos to Surrogate Mother
- Self-Egg + Donor Sperm – Embryos to Surrogate Mother
- Donor Egg + Husband Sperm – Embryos to Surrogate Mother
(Genetic link to at least one of the intended parents is mandatory)
Step 4: Counselling and Recruiting Surrogate Mother
Step 5: Agreement between Intended Parents and Surrogate Mother and start of treatment process
Step 6: At the end of 9 months, after delivery, the baby is handed over to intended parents
Fertility clinic takes care of the health of surrogate mother throughout 9 months and after the delivery.
Success Story of Surrogacy at Ova Fertility & Women Care:
At ova, we witnessed one such beautiful journey of surrogacy that filled our centre with plenty smiling faces.
Couple trying to conceive for 12 years
One couple approached our fertility centre in Thane by reading positive Google reviews online. They were not able to conceive since 12 years even after trying all possible known methods. The basic fertility treatments like ovulation induction and IUI (Intrauterine Insemination) did not work for them in their initial years of treatment.
Reasons to Choose Surrogacy Treatment
- This couple were having low egg quality and abnormal sperm parameters (low count and motility).
- Thereby, wife had undergone 6 IVF cycles with unsuccessful outcomes despite of using donor eggs and donor embryos in some IVF cycles.
- She had also unfortunately experienced two miscarriages within 3 months of pregnancy.
- During the process, she had undergone hysteroscopy (a camera test to evaluate womb from inside) which had revealed adhesions (fibrous bands) inside her womb. Because of these fibrous bands, she used to have very thin womb lining during her fertility treatment cycles. This thin lining was eventually not responding to estrogen tablets or growth factors like GCSF.
Considering this persistent uterine factor, couple opted for surrogacy treatment. Complete counselling was provided to the couple as well as the surrogate mother before initiating this process. After appropriate consents, donor egg surrogacy was carried out for this couple. Surrogate mother conceived in first attempt of the treatment.
“With the right mode of treatment, the couple could experience the parenthood!!”
Ova Fertility & Women Care, rated 4.9 star by Google and one of the best fertility clinic in Thane gave all the required support to both the surrogate mother and intended parents. For any support or enquiry, doctors at Ova are reachable on email@example.com or 70358 01111.