Struggling to Get Pregnant !!!
Wondering how to improve the chance of becoming a Dad !!!
You are not alone……
The chances of conception are increased with an increase in the good quality of sperm present in the semen. Good quality sperm can be identified by
- The quantity of sperm
- The movement of sperm
- The shape of the sperm
- The integrity of DNA is present in the sperm
Fragmented DNA usually can be caused by various reasons like:
- Use of recreational drugs & medications
- Increased BMI & poor diet
- Exposure to toxins, Radiation
- Advanced age
- Varicocele (Enlarged veins inside the scrotum)
- Increased testicular temperature
Semen analysis is the standard test to assess sperm quality. But it is not a foolproof test as it neither provides information regarding all the sperm functions nor the fertility potential of sperm. In addition to semen analysis, a Sperm DNA fragmentation test can be done to measure sperm integrity and the damage to the DNA.
Sperm DNA fragmentation Index -DFI (%)
- 15% or less fragmentation – Excellent sperm DNA Integrity
- 15%-25% DFI – good to fair
- 25%-50% DFI – fair to poor
- 50% or greater DFI- extremely poor sperm DNA integrity
Ensuring sperm health will increase fertility in men, thereby improving the chances of becoming a Dad. Ensuring sperm health will not only result in pregnancy but also a healthy baby.
Nowadays with the changing lifestyle and work environment, it is always better to test the sperm health before planning a pregnancy. We at Ova fertility and women care, one of the best IVF clinics in Thane, provide both testing of the sperm and timely guidance from the expert to improve the overall sperm health naturally (male fertility).