IVF/ ICSI is the advanced fertility treatment. Even in the current era of advanced ART techniques, we face a challenge of “Implantation Failure” limiting the success rate of IVF to 50-60 %. Thus having IVF can be physically and emotionally draining for the couple. Along with the medical treatment; emotional support and counselling is equally important in achieving your dream of parenthood. At Ova fertility and Women Care, we are always there with you at each step of treatment .
- Detail discussion with Fertility Specialist about need of treatment , alternative options ( shared decision ), individualised success rate of the treatment , any adverse effects and the process of the treatment
- Necessary tests for couple
- Lifestyle modifications like healthy diet, regular physical exercise, mind relaxation , control of existing medical conditions, vaccinations if any, stopping alcohol intake and smoking if any
- Counselling sessions by Fertility Specialist, Embryologist and IVF Nurse
- Understanding and signing consents for the procedures
Actual Treatment phase
- Medications to stimulate the ovaries to produce multiple eggs
- Monitoring by blood tests and sonography
- Collecting eggs trans vaginally under ultrasound guidance with minimal anaesthesia
- Collecting sperms on same day
- Embryos are formed in laboratory by advanced techniques (ICSI)
- Embryos are transferred to womb (Uterus) under ultrasound guidance
- Medications to support implantation process
- Pregnancy test after 15 days
Counselling after IVF failure
Failure of IVF cycle is a devastating situation for the couple and thus it is very important phase of treatment where at most support is required to tide over the crisis . The couple is in a complex emotional state with feeling of depression, anger, uncertainty, hopelessness, helplessness, fear of social stigmatisation and so on. In this distress patient centred care is needed and emotional support from various sources like clinician, counsellors, nurses, family members, support group is appreciated.
At Ova Fertility and Women Care, we have specialised team dedicated to emotional support of the couple. In such situation, we discuss in details about the possible reasons of failure and way forward. We help couple to cope with their mixed emotions and to move towards their dreams .